Archicentre Australia’s Design Consultation is a great way to start the process if you’re not sure what to do or what your options are – and there can be many – site planning, existing building condition/construction and constraints, heritage factors, neighbouring buildings, bushfire or water course risks, planning and/or building codes, interior space and fitment planning, floor level changes, current and future accessibility, colours, materials and so on……
One of our Design Architects will meet at your home or building site to discuss your needs, lifestyle requirements or changes, options for your home or site and importantly, your budget.
A conversation with one of our experienced and independent architects can help you to work out the best course of action and give you confidence to proceed with the project.
With your architect you can explore…
- Current lifestyle
- Future growth and lifestyle changes – e.g into retirement or special needs
- Optimise home running costs
- Can my existing home be made more sustainable?
- If I renovate should I go up, out or both?
- What construction systems can I use to save money?
- How will local development controls affect design ideas?
- How long is the project likely to take?
- Should I renovate, demolish and re-build or sell and buy elsewhere?
- Is my budget enough to achieve what I want to do?
- How can I revise my brief (needs) to match my budget?
At the end of the process you’ll receive a written report summarising the meeting, discussions and providing recommendations for your next steps.
Whatever the nature of your proposed endevour – new home, renovation or a small development – you can upgrade to our Renovation or New Home Design Feasibility service – and the Design Consultation fee will be deducted.
Alternatively, if moving into an established home sounds like your best option, we can help you with a Property Assessment and a Timber Pest Inspection of the home (and perhaps some renovation advice or a Design Consultation) before you buy it! Some clients buy before having the property assessed – which we can also accommodate.
Whatever the outcome, a Design Consultation will help you to explore the possibilities and to decide which course of action is right for you.
Our DESIGN Architects
By necessity and as required by statute, all member design architects are registered in their respective States (i.e. having completed at least 5 years of tertiary study and have at least 2 years of post-graduate practical industry experience as well as having successfully completed the Board of Architects Registration examination).
- Highly qualified, highly regarded, independent architectural design experts
- Members of the Australian Institute of Architects, and
- Covered by Professional Indemnity insurance.
- To view the Scope and Terms and Conditions for this service click here
Qualified and independent design advice
Unlike much of the self serving advice offered by “the building industry”, Archicentre Australia does not build homes or undertake renovations, so you can rest assured that the advice and recommendations you receive will be completely independent and objective.
The Design Consultation process is about providing information required to help you decide on the best course of action.
Would you like to discuss your needs or renovation project with one of our Design Architects? It’s easy! To arrange a time to discuss ideas, or to get an obligation-free over the phone quote:
Call Archicentre Australia on 1300 13 45 13
or submit an enquiry via the form on this page with your details and we’ll call you!